March 28, 2015

"What's a 'time lime'?"

An absurd question was asked of me this morning, after autocorrect discovered the puzzling fruit in my mangled effort to type "time limit." I salute the robots who humorlessly open the doors to humor. I love the idea of a Time Lime. What is it? I'm contemplating that question to the sound of this 1971 Harry Nilsson song:



IN THE COMMENTS: Horseball said: "Time Lime is the literal translation of the title under which 'A Clockwork Orange' was sold in Urdu."

10 comments:

eddie willers said...

When Harry Met Ernie.

Laslo Spatula said...

Everyone knows that 'putting the lime in the coconut' was a euphemism for anal sex.

At least almost everyone knows that.

Maybe it is my circle of friends.

I am Laslo.

Horseball said...

Time Lime is the literal translation of the title under which "A Clockwork Orange" was sold in Urdu.

Ann Althouse said...

"Time Lime is the literal translation of the title under which "A Clockwork Orange" was sold in Urdu."

Perfect!!!

Big Mike said...

Ernie Kovacs did it first and better.

Ann Althouse said...

I think the video was a deliberate reference to Ernie Kovacs.

Ann Althouse said...

As the first commenter recognized.

traditionalguy said...

This is one eclectic blog.

Popville said...

Highly recommend the documentary "Who Is Harry Nilsson (And Why Is Everybody Talkin' About Him)?"

Big Mike said...

@Althouse, judging from the time stamps, you were still steamed at my remarks about shorts when you took a pass through this post.