September 13, 2012

"Egypt, Libya/Madison, Wisconsin/Civil Unrest Is Best."

Just an old Wisconsin protest sign — photographed in February 2011 — with new resonance this week. I ran across that in the process of researching my "civility bullshit" tag in writing the previous post. In the comments to that 2011 post, somebody says, "Now that was rude..." — referring to the man with the "Egypt, Libya/Madison" sign who leans over to Meade and says "Get your head fucked." I answer the commenter:
And yet, somehow, I laugh, every time I hear it, and I've played it 20 times. It's now a stock phrase at Meadehouse.
I read that after replaying the old video and laughing once again at the self-righteous, lefty protester who leans over and mutters "Get your head fucked." Somehow that never gets old. At least not in America. I wouldn't laugh if I lived in Egypt or Libya.

10 comments:

Chip Ahoy said...

Yo no lo comprendo eso. Explicame por favor.

Shouting Thomas said...

Yeah, the lefties did get a little over-excited about that Arab Spring thing.

David said...

Civil unrest is dangerous. Necessary and inevitable at times but hardly the fairy tale street fair that the idiot Madisonians like to think it is.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Yo no lo comprendo eso. Explicame por favor.

Back in 1968, the Wisconsin protests were only a glimmer...

too long.. let me sum-up.

The Wisconsin protests started around the time the turmoil in Egypt started (more or less)... and it (the Egypt turmoil) was spilling over threatening to topple old US allies that were in power by less than Democratic means... and so it was called the Arab Spring... named after the Prague Spring of 1968, where a little country, Czechoslovakia thought they could loosen the tight Soviet grip by taking to the streets to demonstrate.
So the Wisconsin protesters wanted to share in that romantic notion - that the unions too were engaged on a David Goliath struggle against a even bigger foe than the Soviets - Hitler revisited.. Governor Walker.

But 2012 came and Hitler.. I mean Walker... prevailed and the Arab Spring has turned into an Arab mob with Al Qaeda ties... where American diplomats are dead and people that were helping us in that part of the world are now in danger for their lives.

I hope that helps..

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Oh, I left out... the "get your head fucked"...

That part seems to be an inside joke at the Meadehouse... I haven't a clue.

ignatzk said...

When I saw the TV this evening I thought the Madison protesters were back.

But it was Egypt.

edutcher said...

Just remember, Madame, the idiot with the horn who tried to jam the vidcam back in your eye.

Mobs are always dangerous.

Sydney said...

Mobs are always dangerous.

Yes, and revolution by mob never works out well. After the revolution, the mob can only be controlled by tyranny.

Rusty said...

Chip Ahoy said...
Yo no lo comprendo eso. Explicame por favor.


OK. Now you're just being a wise ass.

Strelnikov said...

You should make that into a ringtone.