August 15, 2016

"My dessert in the middle of the night was the idea for which I will win the Nobel Prize. I invented this."

"I took a lot of blueberries, like four big containers (this one is expensive), rinsed them off and then put way, way, way too much cayenne pepper on them. Way too much. Lots. I shook that around and then added way too much cocoa powder, no fat, no sugar. It’s like a Mexican flourless chocolate blueberry cake. It’s my favorite food. I went to bed with my mouth on fire and my belly full."

From "Penn Jillette Thinks Watermelon Is Magic."

8 comments:

My name goes here. said...

you know, add some bacon and then you might have something.

Bad Lieutenant said...

I don't get it. You're supposed to eat that?

I Have Misplaced My Pants said...

I agree with the commenters who called this out as disordered eating.

Michael The Magnificent said...

Rachel's English Trifle

Ross: "It tastes like feet!" Joey: "I like it! What's not to like? Custard? Good! Jam? Good! Meat? Good!"

halojones-fan said...

That sounds like Donald Trump speaking.

mockturtle said...

Sounds ghastly.

HoodlumDoodlum said...

Watch out; I hear Penn's a big time libertarian.

Paddy O said...

My favorite breakfast is a bowl of frozen blueberries with a good amount of cinnamon sprinkled on top. Shake it up a bit, wow. I tried adding honey and later cocoa, but while it was okay, those became dominating tastes.

My local costco in SoCal had 5 pound bags of frozen blueberries for a great price. My local Costco in NorCal doesn't. Has mixed berries. But mixed berries aren't nearly as good. My wife is from Oregon and they have backyard supplies there, but we don't get up there nearly enough.

Blueberries with cinnamon, that's the magic right there.