December 2, 2014

"Mom, I feel like I'm isolated from your heart."

Said Madonna, quoting her son, in part of the answer to the question where she gets material for her songs:
My children. Stuff they say. Like, my son came to the studio the other day and said he didn't want to go home. I said, "No, you have to go home; it's time for bed." And he said, "Mom, I feel like I'm isolated from your heart." I was like, "Oh, that's a good line. I have to use that." You get it everywhere, the high and the low. You've got to be open to it all. Suffering is a big informer, a big catalyst for creation. You take your sadness, your despair, your sense of injustice, and you put it in your work.
Suffering is a big informer! It's everywhere! A catalyst for creation!

I got to that via Drudge, who teased it like this...



... because no matter what a person says, nothing is more interesting than their being naked.

Does Madonna remember her "first favorite childhood song"? Yes, it's:
I know a place where no one ever goes / There's peace and quiet, beauty and repose / It's hidden in a valley, behind a mountain stream / and lying there beside the stream I find that I can dream / Only of things, of beauty to the eye, snowflakes and mountains towering in the sky / Now I know that God made this world for me.
The internet, which is not a place where no one ever goes, only wants to know whether, when she's lying there beside the stream, is she naked?

The song, by the way, is called "I Know a Place." Don't confuse it with the Petula Clark hit "I Know a Place" or the Bob Marley "I Know a Place" or The Beatles' "There's a Place."

16 comments:

Oso Negro said...

You know Professor, you aren't that much older than Madonna. Just saying......

JAORE said...

Yeah, if my kid said I feel isolated from your heart my first thought would be how I can cash in on the line too.

Curious George said...

"... because no matter what a person says, nothing is more interesting than their being naked."

Can't wait for the next post!

Clyde said...

She's well-preserved, but is she still relevant?

Rusty said...

Madonna's still alive?
I thought she died.






What's she famous for, again?

Unknown said...

child exploitation?

Anonymous said...

Was looking for the Deneuve quote, found this:

Her words echo a quote that is often attributed to French actress Catherine Deneuve, who reportedly said, "After a certain age, you have to choose between your fanny and your face." Here's what she meant: Many of the things you do in the name of staying in shape—counting calories, tallying fat grams, following a uber-healthy nutrition plan, logging hours at the gym—begin to do a number on your face as you close in on 40. You start to lose facial volume, which can cause eyes to look slightly sunken, cheeks to hollow out, and skin to lose its firmness and elasticity. Maintaining a low body mass index (BMI) exacerbates the problem because fat is the very thing that helps plump out lines and wrinkles.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/aging-advice

Laslo Spatula said...

I like to see Madonna naked because I appreciate good Photoshop work.

I am Laslo.

rcommal said...

Oh, my. I haven't thought of that song in years. I remember learning it at Camp Shabonee (a Brownie/Girl Scout camp in Illinois) back in the '60s, when I was in early elementary school. The words and tune came back to me the instant I read, "I know a place where where no one... ." I even remember the harmonies they had us learn!

Talk about a blast from the past.

rcommal said...

Talk about an unexpected ear worm of the day.

rcommal said...

I'm 2-1/2 years younger than Madonna, so I guess we share an era. Intellectually, I know we're basically the same age (at this point, anyway), but I've never really thought of her that way. Funny-odd.

MadisonMan said...

She's had too much work done. Back in the 80s I thought she was a pretty woman. Now her visage is kinda grotesque.

Laslo Spatula said...

Wife, calling husband's office: "Should I have dinner at the regular time?"

Husband, at computer screen, operating Photoshop: "Sorry, honey, but it's going to be a late night tonight."

"How late?"

"Well, it's Madonna. She's naked again."

(Sigh) "So I shouldn't wait up..."

"It's going to take me hours just to fix her neck. It looks like a cross between a plucked chicken and a vagina."

"They can't expect you to work miracles, honey."

"And -- Oh God -- her face..."

"That bad?"

"I feel like a mortician and the family wants Grandma to look twenty again."

"Surely she must know that she is 56..."

"She told me -- and I quote -- "not to stop until she looks younger than Miley Cyrus"."

"Is that even technically possible?"

"There's not a lot to work with: she doesn't even have lips anymore, it's just Chanel lipstick smeared on a skull."

"But she takes good care of her body..."

"Honey, she's got more sinew than Iggy Pop. Even her ass is sinewy. It's like looking at a cadaver covered in spaghetti."

"Surely it can't be all that bad..."

"Well, she still has nice breasts."

"See, it's not ALL bad..."

"Yeah. I mean, they're not as perky as Miley Cyrus, but still... nice; I just have to move them up a few inches..."

I am Laslo.

Pianoman said...

She's just trying to re-invent herself again. If she has to whip out her 56-year old boobs to do it, then so be it.

JAORE said...

My wife and I are both over 56. I delight at the opportunity to observe her breasts. Can't help it, she floats my boat. I don't know what Madonnas breasts look like and don't care to know. I'm sure they are just swell.... for a 56 year old woman. But it I feel the urge to gaze upon an image of the breasts of other women they would be younger. Much younger.

bobby said...

She has no nipples.

Or she's not really "topless."

I'm okay with either possibility, but I'm just sayin . . .