March 17, 2004

A new realm of computer befrazzlement. Sorry for the lack of substantive blogging today, but I've been locked in struggle with my (new) computer. Or something beyond locked, because that was the better position I was in before today, when my computer would just freeze up and need to be shut down and restarted constantly. Today, I entered a new realm of computer befrazzlement where you keep trying to start it up in different ways, with different discs, and it gets 98% of the way through the spinning horizontal barberpole of start up and just keeps spinning right there, forever. I did learn some new things today though. I learned the term "kernel panic," for example. I learned I'm entitled to swap for a new computer if I'm lucky enough to have hardware failure within 30 days, and I am so cozily, safely within that limit.

No comments: